Elementary School Campus Ministry
Campus Ministry in an elementary school setting is very different from that of a university, but has similar goals and can participate in the following:
- Collaborate with the parish directors of religious education to promote and implement sacramental preparation in the classroom setting at our schools so that our school students are intentionally formed when they are preparing for the sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Confirmation.
- Collaborate with families who seek to be initiated into the Church, whether that is just for the student or involving other members of the family.
- Provide religion teachers with opportunities to gather, pray, and reflect on their call to be catechists on a daily basis.
- Provide students with regular opportunities to engage in their spiritual life through retreat-style gatherings during the school day or on the weekend.
- Collaborate with teachers to plan regular service opportunities for students and the wider school community.
- Present for students who need spiritual direction or have a question about faith or religion.
- Collaborate with the teachers, pastors, and other school leadership to coordinate school liturgies and promote family participation in weekend parish liturgies.
College Campus Ministry
UCYM offers programs and events for undergrad college students who are both local and away. See our college outreach ministry page for more information.