Campus Ministry in an Elementary School Setting
Campus Ministry in an elementary school setting is very different from that of a university, but has similar goals and does the following:
- Closely collaborates with the parish directors of religious education to promote and implement sacramental preparation in the classroom setting at our schools so that our school students are intentionally formed when they are preparing for the sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist, and Confirmation.
- Collaborates with families who seek to be initiated into the Church, whether that is just for the student or involving other members of the family.
- Provides religion teachers with opportunities to gather, pray, and reflect on their call to be catechists on a daily basis.
- Provides students with regular opportunities to engage in their spiritual life through retreat-style gatherings during the school day or on the weekend.
- Collaborates with teachers to plan regular service opportunities for students and the wider school community.
- The campus minister is present for students who need spiritual direction or have a question faith or religion.
- Collaborates with the teachers, pastors, and other school leadership to coordinate school liturgies on a weekly basis and promote family participation in weekend parish liturgies.
College Campus Ministry
UCYM offers programs and events for undergrad college students who are both local and away. See our college outreach ministry page for more information.